Thursday, August 28, 2008

Watch out for Mail theives- from COLA

*They apparently hit my mailbox also Monday ( on Planters View Road) as 2 neighbors brought us mail they found on the side of the road Tuesday morning. We usually check the mail everyday also, but did not M! onday evening b ecause of the rain. -B Brown *I live on Patricia Ellen Drive and our mail was stollen as well. We had to stop payment on a couple of checks which cost us $50.00.Daina *On my regular walk at 7:30 a.m., Tuesday morning I found opened mail strewn along Planters View Drive from two Planters View Addresses. I gathered up the pieces and returned the mail to the owners and noted that a Bank of America envelope was discarded. The bank information or statement was apparently retained by the thieves. This might be an indication of what they were looking for.
This mail was wet, but I wonder if it could have been fingerprinted in order to track down the culprits, had the mail been dry?
It might be a good idea to make sure the mail is picked up each day and not left out in the mail box over night.
Sincerely,Jim More *Regarding the mail thieves in Lakeland on Monday night. I noticed my mailbox a nd my next door neighbors open too. This is unusual and I am sure the thieves hit our neighborhood too. Fortunately I check the mail everyday no matter what the weather. I had mentioned this to my wife before I got the e-mail. Stephen

No comments: